Tuesday, February 19, 2008

When all else fails, run to the nearest trash can.

Oh what a day it has been. A stomach bug has been skipping around between me and the three kids I nanny. Last Wednesday the baby (Jack) got sick, Thursday the oldest (Sarah), and Friday the middle child (Harrison) and I. It only lasted one day for each of us except for poor Harrison. He was sick for 48 hours or so and then fine on Monday but when i went to wake him up this morning he told me he was sick. Coming from a 3 year old it's hard to figure out what they mean by sick. I asked him if he threw up and he said yes. He answers yes or no to everything, whether it's the right answer or not and even if he has no clue what I am talking about in the first place. I search his bed for any signs of "sick" and didn't see anything so I carried him downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast. We walk into the kitchen he starts coughing and gagging and I rush to the trash can holding him over it for the next 5 minutes as I'm sure your imagination can muster up what exactly he was doing...... I called his dad who called his mom who then called me to find out what was going on. (The dad has said to not call her with issues like this because she cant do anything about them so she stays at work feeling bad but then she says it's ok to call i don't mind.... I'm thinking ok you two need to agree on something because I'm stuck in the middle not knowing what to do!) Not only that the baby is still somewhat sick from this "bug" and lets just say I cleaned up messes today that would make a grown man cry! Tuesdays are my long days but the mom ended up getting doctors appointments scheduled for the kiddos so I got to come home earlier than my normal days which was great!

I have taken a picture of the chair in my room that I fixed up, but for some reason it will not upload to my computer. Not sure what the problem is, but hopefully I will fix it soon!

♥JB

No comments: