Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Snow day...and a little hope for the spring!




My 40 minute commute to work this morning wasn't as bad as I was prepared for, but still pretty icy! After about 45 minutes at work the snow picked up and we enjoyed a white wednesday! The youngest I nanny is facinated with his first winter and kept saying "no, no, no!" (snow) I would love a huge blizzard like the one we had here in Tennessee back in 1993! But I don't think that's in the forecast this year. :( I better brush up on my snow dance skills!

I absolutely love the outdoors! The birds, the breeze, sunrises and sunsets, the crunching of leaves in the fall, and the beautiful blooms of spring! The lack of color in the winter tends to put a damper on my mood, but after my parents gave me an Amaryllis bulb in a cute little green pot for christmas I have done nothing but want to garden! I started growing some bamboo plants a few months back and I love them, they are so easy to take care of! I'm looking for some cute little pots that I can use to make my own little windowsill herb garden and I found a huge bowl like dish at Goodwill for .99 that I am going to use to make a terrarium! I would love to hear any of your gardening tips and your favorite flowers you would suggest growing!

♥JB

1 comment:

Mary-Catherine said...

So beautiful! I cannot tell you how I long for snow...your flowers look so healthy! sorry I don't have any gardening tips...my thumb is far from green...