Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Girls Best Friend

As we've all heard time and time again Diamonds are a girls best friend and Dogs are mans best friends. Well as is it so happens I have no one currently buying me diamonds, therefore, my dog is my best friend!

My favorite cartoon movie of all time is Peter Pan and my favorite cartoon character is Tinkerbell, hence the reason I named my dog Tinkerbell, Tink for short. She is a Black Labrador Retriever/Rat Terrier mix. (my uncle has a dog of the same breed mix which he has dubbed Labratory Rat.) I found her on petfinder.com and adopted her from a rescue center (she had been abused) when she was just a puppy. She was supposed to be my guard dog when i moved to Nashville, that was when I thought she was a full blooded lab. Even full grown, right now she looks like a 5 months old black lab so everyone thinks shes still a puppy. She is absolutely the best dog I have ever had besides the fact that she is a complete and total chicken! Not much a of a guard dog she turned out to be! Tink has to be one of the happiest dogs I've ever seen! See is so excited when i come home from work that when she wags her tail her whole body wiggles! And she gets these random bursts of engery where she'll run circles around the apartment and it cracks myself and my roommate up! And ontop of all that she is the best cuddler! (as you can probably tell from the picture) She likes to put her head right up against you when you're laying down and she digs and pushes until she flops over and lays down. So, here's to the one I can always count on to cuddle with on cold nights, always be happy to see me, and love me no matter how long she has to "hold it" while I am at work.

No comments: