Friday, June 6, 2008

Attack of the Hummingbird and a few new treasures!

This morning I was having coffee on my deck and almost got taken out by 2 hummingbirds playing chase near their feeder only a few feet infront of my face! The blurry object to the left of the feeder is one of the little guys that kept buzzing past my head! It would take a while to figure out what was hovering in the air because the cicadas that have taken over our area rival the hummingbirds in size. With this being the year of the cicada they are everywhere and they make a constant noise that sounds alot like a house alarm going off.

I've picked up a few new treasures this past week at a local thrift store and I can't wait to go back and see what new items they get in! I found this vintage clothes hamper and am using it to store blankets in in my living room! I also found these really cute rectangular dishes. I'm not quite sure what they are, my mom said they'd be great plates for a taco night!

















I was at a friends house the other day and they had a stray black kitten roaming around so I took it home, named her Ebony, and introduced her to my dog Tink and after a few days they are finally beginning to like each other! She likes to sleep in the bathroom sink and she's always rubbing up against me. She really is quite something else and I really enjoy her company :) and Hopefully she'll help keep any and all critters out of my house!





I found these adorable little dessert plates at T.J. Maxx and just couldn't pass them up! They are made by Boston Warehouse and called Sweet Tooth. There are some cute dessert bowls made by the same company but I've yet to find them :( I'll keep my eyes open though!

1 comment:

Mary-Catherine said...

AHH! I covet your cupcake plates...perfect for when some one has a birthday! did they have anymore? there's not a TJMAAX on the Island so when I want something I send money to my sister lol! I feel so secluded on this Island! Your house looks like it's coming together quite nicely :) I would love to read your family's blog, and see how everyone is doing, but it's for invited readers only, any idea how I could get invited? hint hint...:-P